Friday, January 16, 2009

Chat Task

I have recently joined ICQ and joined a chat with fellow students last night. I found the conversation to be very fast paced. We had about 7 students in the conversation so at times it was difficult to keep up with the conversation.

I used to live in the United States and my now fiancée lived back in Sydney, so most evening we would use either msn chat or Skype chat to communicate for free. It is much easier when you only there are only two people having the conversation rather than in a big group like I did last night. I also used Skype to talk to my parents rather than using the phone. This was a fantastic resource and allowed me to speak to my parents every evening when I got home from work. I think that IRC is a fantastic resource especially for contacting people who are overseas or interstate. It is a free service and you get an instant response. It is my favourite method of communicated using the internet.

I do not really have a preference when it comes to using IRCs. I think all have there pros and cons. As long as it is a reliable service which allows instantaneous replies, I am sold!

No comments: