Downloads / Plug ins
I downloaded Copernic Agent Basic. I found this program easy to downloard and only took about 20 seconds.
I then downloaded the Adobe PDF viewer, only to discover that it was already installed on my computer.
Searching the web
I am a serial googler. I never use any other search engine. I never venture away from goggle because I always seem to find what I am after.
For the web searching task, I decided to look for ragdoll kittens. I am in the market for one of these cats, so why not actually google something that is meaningful!
When I typed in “Ragdoll kitten” on Google and it came up with 8760 results.
When I used Copernicus it came up with 48 results. In theory I think that the Copernicus Agent would be a better search engine when conducting academic research as it searches through many different search engine not just Google that I am used to using but when searching something like a ragdoll kitten, it didn’t come up with very many responses!! J
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment