Thursday, December 4, 2008

First Blog!

Well, this is my first ever entry onto a blog, I consider myself quite savvy when it comes to using the internet, but I have never really gotten into the whole blog thing.

I am feeling a little rusty after a year off study, I must of been feeling confident when I decided to study two units this SP, while working full time, hmm.

Down to business...

Top Five Tips for New Bloggers

1. Look at other people's blogs! As I said, I have never really had much to do with blogs, but I am finding it very interesting reading things others have written!

2. Follow blogs, this allows easy access to your favourite blogs!

3. Add pictures! Personally, I agree with the old saying, a picture says 1000 words!

4. Give the blog an accurate title - this will allow people using the search function to be able to find what they are looking for.

5. Be careful when providing personal details. With all internet use, you never know who is looking at your profile. If it worries you, secure your blog.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Hi Jennifer, i am new to blogging too and was very excited when i got my first comment so i thought i would give you the same expereince, even though mine was from the teacher lol. Found it interesting that you thought not sharing too may details about yourself was important as i have the same opinion, others i have read have the opposite opposite appraoch.
this is also my first comment to another blog hope you don't mind.
My blog is at http://jamiesweblog.wordpress.com/2008/12/02/jamies-journal/. (sorry dont know how to put a link in a comment yet.)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Like you i am new to blogging, but I have not done any studying for a considerable amount of time.
I agree with your tips especially about only sharing what you are comfortable with.

I once did a Google search on my name. It can be scary what you can turn up.

Good blogging and good luck with two units of study.

I have linked you on my blogsite http://dusinkaustralia.wordpress.com as a fellow student.

Hans

Peter Fletcher said...

Lookin' good. Maybe some links within your post to other pages? Keep it up.