I have just completed the first part of the Telnet task.
At first, I had difficulty trying to locate the program, but with the help of Using Microsoft Telnet and discussion board posts, I eventually found it an easy task to complete.
I was pleased to see the Deakin Library page appear on my screen and I was even more pleased to see that I had managed to email the information to myself first go!
Using Microsoft Telnet was an experience, it is a very outdated form of communication.
My IT Guru Dad was very concerned when I mentioned I was using Telnet to look up books on the Library for Uni. "I think your Uni may need to upgrade its system!"
Following the success with Task A, I went on the complete Task B. With a couple of "Command Invalid's" I finally got it working.
In my opinion, I thought it was clever, but not really my cup of tea. It didn't really change my opinion about the program being old and outdated. I think someone must of been pretty bored to make a program like that!!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi jennifer,
i have been looking at other peoples blogs in regards to telnet today, nice to see i'm not the only one with that telnet is very outdated and has security issues.
Jamie
Post a Comment